|Healthy Seafood Soup|
Garlic, a few cloves
Carrots, cut into 1-inch long wedges
Tomato, cut into wedges
Fish, sliced (I used Mackerel here)
Prawns, shelled and cleaned
Lettuce, a bunch of leaves washed
Light soya sauce
- For the soup, bring a pot of water to a boil and add in the garlic, chicken bones, and carrots. Scoop out scum as necessary. Remember to lower the fire once it gets to a furious boil at the start. I like to boil my soup base for about 20-30 mins.
- While boiling the soup base, prepare all other ingredients.
- When soup base is ready, remove chicken bones and garlic.
- Turn the fire up and add in tomato, fish and prawns and boil until fish and prawn are just cooked.
- Throw in lettuce and give a quick stir. Add light soya sauce and a dash of white pepper to taste. The healthy seafood soup is now ready to be served!