Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Robin Williams (July 21, 1951 – August 11, 2014)

When I read about Robbin Williams' death, I went numb for a little while.  "Suicide", "depression", "drug and alcohol addiction", words and phrases that kept jumping out at my on news feed.  Sometimes it doesn't matter how someone died, just let them leave this world in peace.  Yes, he is a celebrity, a public figure, but everyone deserves dignity in death.  Let us remember him for the things that he has done and achieved in the decades that he was alive, not the minutes that led to the end.

Robbin Williams was one of the actors that I loved to watch when I was younger.  I think it's a gift that he was able to use his voice, his facial expressions, his body language, to convey whatever message was required of the character he was playing.

Of all his roles, I recall having watched Dead Poets' Society, Good Morning Vietnam, Good Will Hunting and Aladdin.  But the most memorable movie was Patch Adams.  I remember rushing to the cinema alone to catch the movie as it was nearing the end of its run.  I remember crying at the touching scenes as I sat there with strangers in the dark room.  That was Robbin Williams - the guy with the ability to make you feel for him.

Rest in peace, Robbin Williams.



No comments:

Post a Comment